Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The way of the tiger... I mean the Tony.


I have lived my whole life in New York, with my dad's side of the family as my close relatives. Not to say I don't love my mom's side equally, I just don't see them as much because they've always lived all over the country. Right now the majority of them live in Las Vegas, and I've been visiting them as much as possible (speaking of which I'm going back in July woot-woot).

Anyway, I grew up with my aunt, uncle, and grandparents (my nonno and nonna). Me and my uncle, Tony coincidentally were born on the exact same day, about 20 years apart. What is even stranger about this coincidence is that although I look a lot like my dad, I act exactly like my uncle (minus the fact that he's a vegetarian), and I guess my parents are great prophets or sages because my middle name is Antonio (which is my uncle's full name but yada, yada, yada). We have the same strange affinities for conspiracy theories, similar political beliefs, share love for the same sports and tv shows, and the same sense of humor.

My uncle is by far the funniest person I know, and ever since I was a little kid I found myself picking up words or phrases that he used, and eventually I picked up a very similar sense of humor. The odd thing about that, is I didn't spend all that much time with my uncle, after I was about 5 or 6 or so. I've been learning a lot about Fruedian Psychoanalysis, and I know for a fact that I have never consciously tried to imitate my uncle in any way, it just came naturally.

I wonder if I subconsciously picked up this sense of humor because of how funny I believe my uncle is, or if it came naturally, or if we're strangely connected through the fifth dimension because we were born on the same day.

I favor the fifth dimension theory, but you be the judge.
Cue the eerie music maestro!

3 comments:

  1. Except you're not that funny :-p.


    Nice glasses btw -_-.


    Hipster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop commenting on my posts -_-.

    Your negative energy is not welcome around here!

    ReplyDelete