Thursday, March 5, 2009

The world is mine, the world is mine.

I love learning about other cultures. A lot of things interest me, and I have yet to uncover if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but other cultures never cease to fascinate me. Other cultures of the past, other cultures of today, it is irrelevant; I want to know as much as I possibly can. In my book, they are real life fantasies.

Imagine living in a world where carrying a pistol at your side is routine and as you sit on a train you have to worry about a gang of bandits sticking you up. Envision a place where you carried two swords and lived by a code known as "Bushido." Dream up an image of a land covered by sand, your prayers are directed to numerous gods that resemble a hybrid between humans and animals. You are responsible for erecting a pyramid shaped resting place out of two and a half ton stones for a man known as the Pharaoh.

Not to indulge too much in the past, the cultures of today I find just as interesting. I have a professor who is of Egyptian decent, therefore raised speaking Arabic but has since learned numerous other languages. This man is truly brilliant and I regard his class very highly. He presents us with insights to other cultures quite frequently and I find myself writing these bits and pieces of information down, especially if they are a saying native to that culture. These insights amaze me and I enjoy having a perspective outside of my own, American perspective.

Anyway, all of this leads me to the point of this blog. I'm still entirely confused as to what career path I want to follow in life. It would be a dream to me to get paid to study other cultures. Aside from my interest in cultures foreign to me, I want to learn as much as I possibly can so the maggots that eat away at my corpse will have more to share. (Although, I'm definitely getting cremated I had to say that, apologies). I don't exactly want to be a Historian or anything along those lines, but maybe I could use the Political Science degree that I'm working towards and take it to other countries if even not to study other cultures but to submerge myself in as many as possible. It also led to me to think about becoming an Ambassador for the country, which is not only a very well respected job, you are often placed in various different countries. Maybe I should just go to law school and see what my options are from there, maybe things will all come together in the end.

I don't know how many people have seen the movie "Jumper," because it wasn't that great, but being one would solve all of my problems...

Photobucket

Oh, don't act like you didn't know that was coming!

1 comment:

  1. I hate your photoshopped pictures!

    I don't even want to respond to your posts but I can't resist the temptation.

    It's the same way in person too. I can't help myself. Jay-sus.

    ReplyDelete