Monday, January 12, 2009

Breathing art and a moving canvas.

I love tattoos. I have since I can remember. Like many other things, I blame my dad for this, just like I blame him for being the only five year old I know who had their ear pierced. He got his first tattoo in honor of me, and then two more following that for my brothers. Now he has a bunch of them, including a half sleeve. I think he's getting another one soon for my grandfather who passed away recently.

Anyway, I could not manage to wait until I was 18 to get my first tattoo, so as a graduation present I got my first tattoo in the summer of 07 when I was 17. Although I do regret not waiting until I was 18 and doing all the research I really should have before I got that tattoo done (which was very poorly done... thank you Snake Eyes from B52 tattoo who was drinking Jack Daniels and smoking weed like they were cigarettes the entire time), I got it redone by a really talented artist (Justin Weatherholtz) and I love it to death.

I just turned 19 years old this past October, 3 tattoos and 4 sittings later, the itch has returned. Now this posses me with a dilemma that I'm sure is common to many other people. Should I wait? Everyone tells me I'm too young to have all this work done, and especially too young to be wanting additional pieces. But what can I do? I had a very early start, and don't see a stop anytime soon.

I passed up on an opportunity to get some work done in a couple of weeks by Jeff Ensminger, I hope everyone is proud of me -_-.

Why would anyone possibly care about any of this?
...Yes, you might have guessed it, you probably don't and I apologize to those who read this nonsense.

Love,
Pat.

Photobucket

Maybe I'll look like that guy someday, then everyone can say "I told you so!"

2 comments:

  1. I don't see what age has to do with body art, honestly. If anything, isn't it better to get it done young? Skin is still fresh and all. That's my reasoning, anyway. I don't know anything about tattoos though.

    I want to get some work done myself. I mean ideally I'd love to have a full right sleeve, and a left half sleeve. But those are big decision to make, so not quite yet. They do stand out and all. Plus it's a lot of money. Tattoos are surprisingly expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's my logic. If it's a tattoo that I love and it means something to me, I want to keep it for as long as possible. Tattoos seem expensive but if you look at it, you pay between $130 and $150 an hour for good art and it's there forever, and you can get it touched up at any time in the future for free from the same artist. Also sleeves go in few hour sessions so it won't seem that big of a load. You should look into it man,if you need any info or anything I love to talk tattoos lol.

    ReplyDelete